While on vacation in Cape Cod, I completed my first Jane A. Stickle applique block. I sewed the background for this block on May 18, and did the applique to finish the block on May 19. One of the reasons I chose to start the Jane A. Stickle quilt was to force myself to do more applique. Applique is not my favorite thing, and I figured that doing a block here and there I could find a way to make it easier.
I'm trying different things to figure out how to get a piece placed exactly where you want it and in the right shape. After a couple of false starts, I finally got it done. I'm still not sure how I'll do the next one. I debated on cutting out the background under the "poof", but ended up leaving it in.
My least favorite part of applique is the inside corners you have to cut, and then trying to sew where it frays. At this point there's a LOT of applique in Jane's quilt, and I'm thinking I'll piece as much of it as possible so as to not get discouraged and keep going...
Back to work! - After a long hiatus, my original Baby Jane went back under the quilting machine yesterday. I'm hoping to work on her a little each day. I've been a little ...
6 months ago