These are my first two blocks, quilted and sewn together.
G-7 & G-8 Quilted & Joined - Front
And this is the back.
G-7 & G-8 Quilted & Joined - Back
Hopefully if I quilt as I go, it will get done faster...
I tried machine sewing first, but the seam must have been a smidgen too large. Then I ripped out and sewed by hand, and it seemed a bit big. I could feel a tiny bit of separation under the sash strips. Then I opened it up and sewed the 2 blocks together through all the layers and batting to make them stay flat and connected, then re-did the last seam and I like it a lot better.
Back to work! - After a long hiatus, my original Baby Jane went back under the quilting machine yesterday. I'm hoping to work on her a little each day. I've been a little ...
3 weeks ago