Saturday, March 30, 2013

TATRWJ - Row 9, Block 9 & Row 9, Block 7

My eighth "Trip Around the Rainbow With Jane" block.
TATRWJ - Row 9, Block 9
Completed on Mar. 28, 2013 (35pcs)
TATRWJ - 8 Blocks, 0 Triangles, 0 Corners, 158 Pieces


And my ninth "Trip Around the Rainbow With Jane" block.
TATRWJ - Row 9, Block 7
Completed on Mar. 29, 2013 (37pcs)
TATRWJ - 9 Blocks, 0 Triangles, 0 Corners, 195 Pieces


Both of these were done using paper-pieced patterns, but next time I might just do Row 9, Block 9 with regular piecing. It didn't seem to be worth the extra work with such plain pieces, but I had already cut out the pieces with extra seam allowances for paper-piecing, so I just went it, instead of trimming all the cut pieces.

Thanks to Minka from Minka's Studio for asking me how I was coming along, which gave me the incentive to finally sew a block.

I'm not sure whether I'm going to make the entire quilt as one quilt or not. I'm toying with the idea of making all the blocks, but putting them into about 7 smaller lap size quilts, each with a different design. The thought cauldron is bubbling, but no decisions will be made until I have the 25 center blocks that are all cut and ready to sew completed. Then I can decide. Until then, I'm hoping to get another sewing spurt soon. Sometimes, life gets in the way of quilting. But for now, I've finally sewn something.

No comments: