My tenth "Trip Around the Rainbow With Jane" block.
TATRWJ - Row 6, Block 7
Completed on Apr. 5, 2013 (31pcs)
TATRWJ - 10 Blocks, 0 Triangles, 0 Corners, 226 Pieces
I used paper-piecing for this block, and all in all it came out pretty good.
Usually my blocks come out too small so this time I tried sewing just a TINY bit on the right side of the line on the paper
and it came out much closer to size. Although it was a bit large on a couple of the outer points of the big star.
I just took some of the seams in a little bit and it came out better.
The center star went together pretty well. After sewing the seams in the tiny star I trimmed them to 1/8" to cut down on some of the bulk.
Since I use a tiny stitch when paper-piecing I figure that should hold it well enough.
I've done this a lot on some of my Harry blocks with too many small pieces in one area.
One of the points on the tiny star is cut off, and I'm debating whether to fix it.
It seems a bit bumpy so I may be able to just take in the seam a tiny bit to remedy it. Maybe....
Back to work! - After a long hiatus, my original Baby Jane went back under the quilting machine yesterday. I'm hoping to work on her a little each day. I've been a little ...
6 months ago